Sunday, May 14, 2006

We are available to sign autographs now

Yay, I actually saw my face on national television tonight! I think we calculated about eight or nine seconds worth of screen time in four shots in one scene. Of course, in three of those shots, you have to know which body is mine. ;-)

I've decided to give up the practice of law. Based on what I was paid to do this show, for the actual time I was on screen I made about $60,000 per hour. I could never charge that much as a lawyer.

It is very interesting seeing how long a scene shoot lasts and how much more action, dialogue, and footage is shot than is actually used by the film editors. They used more of my scene that I expected (about half of what was filmed), but some of my friends were in other scenes that took them hours and hours to shoot, and I only caught a glimpse of one of them. I shall have to view the videotape more closely, but I just didn't see much of them.

It's a shame The West Wing is going off the air and that this was the series finale. In the hour before tonight's show, they rebroadcast the very first West Wing and it reminded me of how incredible the writers were in the early years back when Aaron Sorkin was still involved. Why can't the real White House have writers to create such wonderful presidential speeches? I loved the way in that very first show the President told off the Evangelical leaders, and then his comments about the Cuban boat people in their quest for freedom were so moving and so quotable. Of course, Martin Sheen is an incredible actor; I think I mentioned last March how incredibly charismatic he is in person. I wonder if he's ever thought of running for president?

No comments: