Sunday, July 10, 2005

Payday

dancers


This afternoon was the closing show for Le Corsaire. In the picture above, on the left is the dancer who's actually taller than me. Isn't he just gorgeous?

slavegirlsadam


Here I am with a couple of the slave girl supers, Jacquelyn and Stephanie. On the right is Adam, a sailor, who's off to Harvard in the fall.

sasharobbie


This is Sasha, our makeup artist, and Robbie, our dresser.

After the first act, they actually paid us in cash instead of giving us checks. That kind of surprised me. The fifties and other blls are in this cute little manilla envelope which appears to be the size designed to accommodate a 3x5 index card, a size I've never seen before. The balletmaster invited several of us to come back this winter when the Kirov is back in D.C. again for another show. Could be fun. I enjoyed working with this company.

My foot is still swollen. It's odd....during the shows, I've completely forgotten about the pain, and one of my friends said I wasn't limping or anything. Then today, I noticed as we moved the dance stage the final time that I limped a little bit on my way back to my barrel seat. Hmm.

Back to the routine on the morrow. I shall miss being on stage.

No comments: